Orthodontist in Fort Smith and Van Buren, AR: Specializing in braces and InvisalignⓇ
Dr. Jonathan Rakstang spent his undergraduate and professional school years in Colorado. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery and Certificate in Orthodontics from the University of Colorado where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. He is a published author in the field of dental health and works hard to ensure that all treatment he provides is top quality.
Dr. Rakstang is certified to provide braces and to children, teens, and adults and Invisalign®. Dr. Rakstang has earned Siler Tier status for his treatment in Invisalign® He is grateful to be able to serve the communities of Fort Smith and Van Buren, Arkansas.
“I find immense satisfaction being an orthodontist because of the positive impact I have on my patient’s lives by creating healthy, appealing smiles.”
Dr. Rakstang enjoys traveling, swimming, hiking, collecting mid-century modern furniture and vinyl records, listening to live music, and spending time with his girlfriend, Dana. He plays the electric guitar and the upright bass in multiple bands and enjoys performing and recording music.
University of Colorado Boulder Bachelors in Biochemistry, Chemistry minor
University of Colorado School of Dentistry Doctor of Dental Surgery
Veterans Affairs Medical Center General Practice Residency
University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine Orthodontic Residency, Certificate in Orthodontics
Musician. Outdoor lover. Vinyl record enthusiast.Professional Organizations
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Fort Smith Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society Membership, 2004
- Colorado Prosthodontists Award, 2004
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Award, 2004
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry Award, 2004
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration Award, 2004
- Dr. William S. Kramer Award of Excellence, 2003